Northgate residents, commuters, and visitors invited to shape new community vision
Northgate is one of five urban centers in the City of Seattle undergoing a planning process that will define a community vision and develop neighborhood-specific policies for public services, transportation, economy, housing, and land use.
Along with the other designated urban centers – Downtown, Uptown, South Lake Union, Capitol Hill/First Hill, University District – Northgate is expected to experience significant population growth and investment in the coming decades.
Broad community engagement and a visioning process for the neighborhood begins in the Fall of 2023 and the final plan is expected in mid-2024. Join the conversation today to share your experiences with the neighborhood and create a refreshed vision for Northgate.
Take our online survey by January 31, 2024:
VIsit our ongoing visioning activities at the following sites:
• Northgate Community Center: 10510 5th Ave NE, open Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; closed Sat & Sun
• Northgate Library: 10548 5th Ave NE; open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• North Seattle College: College Center building, 9600 College Way N; open Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• The Watershed Pub & Kitchen: 10104 3rd Ave NE, open Monday to Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m., Friday 11:00 a.m. – Midnight, Saturday 10:00 a.m. – Midnight, Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Activities are available in English, Spanish, Amharic, simplified Mandarin Chinese, and Arabic.
- Spanish: Las actividades están disponibles en inglés, español, amárico, chino mandarín simplificado y árabe.
- Simplified Mandarin Chinese: 这些活动有英语、西班牙语、阿姆哈拉语、简体中文和阿拉伯语的版本。
- Amharic: እንቅስቃሴዎቹ በእንግሊዝኛ፣ በስፓኒሽ፣ በአማርኛ፣ በቀላል ማንዳሪን ቻይንኛ እና በአረብኛ ይገኛሉ።
- Arabic: الأنشطة متاحة باللغات الإنجليزية والإسبانية والأمهرية والصينية الماندرين المبسطة والعربية