It has never been easier to respond to the Census on your own, whether online, over the phone or by mail—all without having to personally interact with a census taker.
Check your mail! From March 12-20, households will receive the first of several invitations to participate in the 2020 Census. This invitation will include a Unique ID code that can be used to complete the Census online.
Go online today and fill out your Census: www.my2020census.gov.
Individuals with questions can access a hotline 7 days a week between 4am and 11pm PT. Before being directed to a live person, you will be prompted to enter your “Census ID”. Those without an ID should press # to proceed. As a reminder, the telephone numbers are:
|Telephone Display Device (TDD)||844-467-2020|
Below is an update on how the City is shifting our Census outreach in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that all populations get counted:
- To prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in our communities, libraries and community centers are closed until at least April 13, pending further public health guidance. This means that community members will not be able to access in-person Census assistance or computer services at those locations until at least April 13.
- The City is working with our community partners and community-based organizations to shift their resources from in-person engagement to phone banking, texting, social media engagement, and targeted mailers.
- The City’s Community Liaisons are providing technical assistance to community-based organizations around remote phone banking/texting drives, and social media.
- Watch and share this Spanish-language video.
- The City is working to get updated information from the U.S. Census Bureau regarding Census outreach in group quarters (i.e. shelters, nursing homes, unmanaged encampments, etc.).
- The City will continue to amplify information on the Seattle Census website, via direct email outreach, and through the City’s social media channels.
Currently, the planned completion date for data collection for the 2020 Census is July 31, 2020. The City is coordinating with other local governments across the region, and country, to request that the Census Bureau adjust that deadline given the COVID-19 outbreak.
Have questions about this year’s Census? There are several ways that you can contact the U.S. Census Bureau for support. https://2020census.gov/en/contact-us.html
Want to know how you can respond to the 2020 Census? By mid-March, every home will receive an invitation to participate. You will have three options for responding: online, by phone, or by mail. Learn more at: https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond.html
Wondering what questions you’ll be asked in the 2020 Census? See the questions, get tips for responding, and learn how the Census Bureau will use your answers. https://2020census.gov/en/about-questions.html