The Equitable Development Initiative seeks candidates for open seats on the Advisory Board. The Advisory Board is representative of the communities and people that the City aspires to serve through its Equitable Development Implementation Plan strategies and goals.
Advisory Board members provide guidance and recommendations on the allocation of funding dedicated to reducing current and anticipated displacement pressures, supporting community-driven projects and promoting access to opportunity for historically marginalized communities, including Indigenous, Black, people of color, immigrant communities, LGBTQ communities, and differently abled people within Seattle.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2022
Those interested in applying should represent the following:
- A geographic location that is of high risk for displacement and low access to opportunity as defined by the City’s Equity Analysis and Displacement Risk Index.
- Neighborhoods that have already experienced significant displacement and histories of discriminatory policies or practices
- Have lived experience with involuntary displacement from Seattle
- Have lived experience being targeted by racially discriminatory policies and practices.
Board Members meet monthly & duties will include the following:
- Elevating the voices and needs of communities that have historically been marginalized within the City’s political process.
- Serving on a subcommittee to advise and assist the City in connection with the development and implementation of equitable development strategies and policies.
- Developing funding criteria and create recommendations for the allocation of funds from the Equitable Development Initiative Fund.
- Reviewing annual equitable development monitoring plans.
- Written reports
- Developing equitable development and anti-racist policies and practices to better help the City eliminate institutional and systemic racism.
- Convening stakeholders to build knowledge of and capacity around equitable development goals.
- Make appointment recommendations and evaluate letters of interest of individuals wishing to serve on the board to determine whether they meet the membership criteria.
If you are interested in serving on the EDI Advisory Board, please submit your application through the City’s Boards and Commissions website.